Friday, May 18, 2012

Beef Fajita Pizza

The is the next in the series of pizzas I make.  Although the BBQ Chicken Pizza is the favorite in my house, this comes in a close second.  This is another easy dish to put together because I use frozen bell pepper strips and pre-sliced stir-fry beef strips.  Also, using the Boboli Pizza Shell means I don't have to prepare pizza dough.  Because there is little prep work, this dish is on the table in under half an hour!  I originally saw Sandra Lee demonstrate this recipe on her Semi-Homemade show on the Food Network and printed it from their website.


I think food is more appealing when it looks good, and this colorful pizza is something anyone would want to try!  It gets 8's on the Melnarik rating scale!


Of course, I use my Pampered Chef baking stone to bake it in the oven.  There is no preparation necessary, I just place the pizza shell on the stone.


Because it is a fajita pizza, I add salsa in lieu of pizza sauce.


I top that with pre-shredded Mexican blend cheese (Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses).


The beef and pepper strips get tossed with a little olive oil and taco seasoning and cooked in a skillet for a few minutes before adding them to the pizza, and into the oven it goes.


It smells great coming out of the oven and the cheese is all melted.  I'm getting hungry as I type this!


The last step is to add some fresh cilantro and serve.  Isn't it pretty?  It is best to let it rest for about 5 minutes after taking it out of the oven before cutting so the cheese doesn't run onto the baking dish when you remove the first slice.  Enjoy!



Beef Fajita Pizza 

¾ lb. stir-fry beef strips
1 pound frozen pepper stir-fry, thawed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
1 Boboli Pizza Shell
¾ cup prepared salsa
2 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
Sour cream and guacamole (optional), for serving

Preheat oven to 425°.  In a large bowl, combine beef strips, peppers, oil and taco seasoning.  Cook in a skillet over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is cooked and vegetables are crisp-tender.

Place pizza shell on a baking stone or cookie sheet.  Top with salsa, cheese, and beef and pepper mixture.  Bake in the oven at 425° for 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.  Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment