Thursday, August 15, 2013

Peach-Dijon Pork Chops

I try not to cook beef more than once per week, and we get tired of having chicken a lot, so I try to find really tasty ways of serving other types of meat.  These pork chops are moist and delicious and because they are grilled, they are perfect to serve on a hot summer day.  Also, they are completely ready to serve in less than 30 minutes!


This is another recipe I got from the marinades, rubs, and sauces recipe booklet I found near the checkout stand at the market.  Even though my husband isn't a big pork chop lover, he gives this recipe an 8 and my boys give it 9's on the Melnarik rating scale.

I apologize, my picture of making the sauce is missing.  Basically, in a small saucepan, I combined the peach preserves, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and dried marjoram leaves, stirring to combine.  I cooked this mixture over low heat until the preserves were melted, stirring frequently.


When ready to grill, I added salt and pepper to both sides of the pork chops and placed them on a heated grill.  I covered them and cooked them over medium heat for 12 minutes, turning once during cooking.  


I then brushed the sauce on one side of the chops, covered them again and cooked for about 2 minutes.  I turned them over and repeated the process.


After removing them from the grill, I let them sit for about 5 minutes before serving so that the juice wouldn't all run out when they were cut.


What a tasty way to serve "the other white meat!"  Enjoy!

Peach-Dijon Pork Chops

½ cup peach preserves, large pieces cut up
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
4 (6 oz.) pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick)
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Heat grill.  In small saucepan, combine preserves, mustard, soy sauce and marjoram; mix well.  Cook over low heat until preserves are melted, stirring frequently.

When ready to grill, sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.  Place chops on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals; cover grill.  Cook 12 to 15 minutes or until pork is no loner pink in center, turning once and brushing with preserves mixture during last 2 minutes of cooking time.

To serve, bring any remaining preserves mixture to a boil.  Serve with pork chops.



1 comment:

  1. This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . This is great and important elements in the modern world that mean Marjoram Leaves..

    ReplyDelete