Thursday, March 7, 2013

Speedy Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup

There are days when I need to put a hot meal on the table, but it seems as though I will have no time at all to do so.  This tomato soup recipe is one where the ingredients are heated in a saucepan and the soup is ready to serve!


When I received my October/November 2012 issue of Taste of Home, I knew this recipe would come in handy at some point on a busy day, so I made sure I had all of the ingredients in my cupboard.  This soup is not quite as good as the Roasted Tomato Bisque (previously posted), but it still got 7's and 8's on the Melnarik rating scale.


In a large saucepan, I combined two cans of tomato soup, two cans of evaporated milk (one 12 oz. and one 5 oz.), and 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes.  Once heated though, I served it with a bit of sour cream, some shredded cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of crumbled bacon that was left over from a meal earlier in the week (I planned ahead on that one!).  That's all there is to it.  I paired the soup with some grilled cheese sandwiches.  It can't get any easier than that!  Enjoy!


Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup

2 (10-3/4 oz.) cans undiluted condensed tomato soup
2 cans (one 12 oz. and one 5 oz.) evaporated milk
1 (14-1/2 oz.) can undrained fire-roasted diced tomatoes
Optional toppings:
Sour cream
Shredded cheddar cheese
Bacon bits

In a large saucepan, combine and heat tomato soup, evaporated milk, and fire-roasted tomatoes until hot.  Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and/or bacon bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment