Monday, August 13, 2012

Mexicorn Dip

This was a new recipe I tried for our annual beach trip this year and it was a huge hit.  As I was making it, I thought the amount was so great that I'd be bringing some home for sure, but every drop disappeared on the beach!


Everyone who tried this dip raved about it.  My youngest son brought a friend with him this year and I discovered that he is a vegetarian the first day of our trip.  I hadn't prepared anything specifically for him to eat, so I was glad I had made this dip, which he loved!  I found this recipe on Pinterest but it originated on tastykitchen.com.


In a large bowl, I combined the mexicorn, diced green chilies, diced bell pepper and diced jalapenos.  The recipe also calls for diced green onions, but I chose to bring them to the beach separately and add them just before serving, as I was afraid they may get wilted if I added them the day before serving this dip.


After shredding the cheese, I added it to the vegetable mixture.


Then I added the sour cream and mayonnaise.  I used a Tupperware bowl, because in addition to being airtight like all Tupperware is guaranteed to be, any container with a round seal is also guaranteed to liquid tight.  It's insurance that as the ice melts in my cooler, no water will get into my Tupperware bowl!  As the recipe suggested, I served this dip with Frito's Scoops.  Enjoy!


Mexicorn Dip

2 cans (11 oz. each) Mexicorn, drained
1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
1 whole bell pepper, diced
3 whole green onions, chopped
2 jalapenos, diced (remove seeds)
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise

Mix all together; refrigerate until serving with Frito's Scoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment