Thursday, September 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos

This dish has got to be the most simple and yet tasty dish I've ever made and it cooks in a slow cooker or crock pot.  It's great if my family needs to eat at different times as the meat stays warm in the crock pot until they are ready to eat.  This is one of my new favorite recipes!


I found this recipe on Pinterest, but it originated at canyoustayfordinner.com.  I've already made a point of thanking her for sharing this recipe.  Three of us ate this for dinner one night, but my oldest son wasn't home for dinner that night so took some to work the next day for lunch.  He made a point of calling me to tell me how awesome his lunch was!  Needless to say, this recipe got all 9s on the Melnarik rating scale!


You won't believe how few steps there are to make this dish.  It begins with placing a pork tenderloin in the bottom of a crock pot.


In a medium bowl, the tomato sauce gets combined with the garlic, spices and sugar.


That mixture gets poured over the pork to completely cover it.  Put the lid on and cook it either on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.  Then using a fork (most recipes call for 2 forks to shred, but this was so tender that it only needed one fork to shred) shred the meat into the sauce.  The meat was so tender, I was basically stirring it with my fork to shred it and mix it into the sauce.


To serve it, I put it in small flour tortillas and topped it with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes.  This has to be one of the tastiest tacos I've ever eaten!  Enjoy!



Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos

1 lb. pork tenderloin
1 15 oz can tomato sauce

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced

Place pork in the bottom of your slow cooker.  In a small bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients.  Pour evenly over pork.  Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.  When done, shred the pork using two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat.  Serve in warmed tortillas with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.  Garnish with chopped scallions.


No comments:

Post a Comment