Monday, September 17, 2012

Liza's Mini Pizzas

Every kid loves pizza and this was one of my boy's favorite things to request for dinner as they were growing up.  It was a favorite of mine because of how quickly I could put it together and I knew they were always going to eat every last bite.


This is still one of my go to meals when I'm feeding my family at three different times and I don't have a lot of time to put something together.  Because of my time constraint, I didn't take time to measure anything in order to type up an actual recipe for you.  I put these mini pizzas together visually, and hope you can do the same by following my pictures.  My boys give these mini pizzas 9s on the Melnarik rating scale.


After preheating the oven to 400 degrees, I begin by "opening" English muffins and placing them on a baking sheet.


I top each half with some pizza sauce (not so much that it oozes out in each bite, but to cover the bread).  I used to use Ragu Pizza Quick Sauce Traditional flavor, but I can't find that product any more.  I now use the Prego Pizza Sauce, which comes in a jar.


For a little more flavor, I then sprinkle on some dried oregano.


Then I add a layer of shredded mozarella cheese.


On top of that, I add some medium cheddar for extra flavor.


The last thing is the topping and in our case, pepperoni is the topping of choice.  I add four slices to each pizza so there's a pepperoni in each bite!  I use the Hormel brand that comes in the red box, as the slices are just over an inch in diameter and fit best on these mini pizzas.



I put them in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and when they come out they are hot and the cheese has melted and the kids can't wait to dig in.  As the cheese melts, some of the pepperoni slices may slide off the pizzas. I just push them back towards the middle.  Nobody around here really cares what they look like, they just care about how good they taste.



We usually wait about a minute before eating them, because they are simply too hot directly out of the oven.  I serve them directly from the baking sheet so as to keep them warm, but my boys inhale these so quickly, there really isn't time for them to cool down too much!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment