Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Peach and Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloin

This dish is so easy to make and yet so flavorful, it has become one of my favorite things to grill!  I found this recipe years ago in a recipe book that was sold near the check out stand at the market.  This particular recipe sounded so good I tried it immediately and it was a hit with my family.


The meat is so tender and the marinade adds that special flavor.  This dish gets 9's all around on the Melnarik rating scale.  I love to serve this with the Grilled Asparagus and New Potatoes which I've posted below.  The two dishes go very well together.


I begin by placing the peach preserves, Dijon mustard, olive oil, thyme leaves and salt in a measuring cup.  I use a measuring cup instead of a bowl for ease of pouring the marinade over the meat later.


Using a whisk, I mix the ingredients together until well combined.


I place the pork tenderloins in a large resealable plastic bag.


I pour the marinade directly on top and seal the bag.


Then I manipulate the bag, turning the pork to make sure the tenderloins get completely covered in the marinade.  I put the bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to fully marinate.


After getting the grill ready, I remove the pork from the bag, reserving the marinade and placing it in a small bowl for basting the pork.  I place the pork over direct medium heat and cook covered, turning every 10 minutes or so, basting with the reserved marinade each time I turn it.  I cook the asparagus and potatoes at the same time, making that dish the perfect accompaniment for this pork dish.  See the following post for that recipe.


When the pork is fully cooked, I remove it to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.


Even after resting, you can see that this meat is juicy and tender and oh so good!  If there is any remaining marinade, I heat it to boiling in a small saucepan, letting it cook for 1 minute, and serve it with the meat.  Enjoy!


Peach and Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloin

1/2 cup peach preserves
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 pound each)

In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the peach preserves, Dijon mustard, olive oil, thyme and salt to make the marinade.   Whisk until fully combined.  Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag; pour marinade over pork, seal bag and turn meat in marinade until fully coated.  Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour but no longer than 8 hours.  Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.  Remove pork from marinade; reserve marinade.  Cover and grill pork over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade and turning at least twice during cooking time, until pork has slight blush of pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160 degrees.  Let pork rest 5 minutes before slicing.  Heat remaining marinade to boiling in a small saucepan; boil and stir 1 minute.  Cut into slices; serve with marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment